It describes that usage by each relevant BMG group company (“BMG”, “we”, “us” or “our”) in relation to our online, digital or mobile services for which this policy is posted or linked (the “services”). Those services include each of our label-related or artist-related websites, apps, data integration tools and software, as well as any of our other products, services, content, adverts or activities for which this policy is posted or linked.
Our relevant site(s) for the services are referred to below, collectively and individually, as “the site”.
Cookies are widely used to allow online and mobile sites to function efficiently. A “cookie” is a small text file that (depending on your browser settings) is deposited on the hard drive of your computer, mobile phone, tablet or other smart device when you visit a site. The cookie may be sent back to that site when you visit again and may then be used by the server to identify and track your use of the site.
There are two main types of cookie. A “session cookie” is a temporary cookie that only remains in the cookie file of your device until you leave a website. A “persistent” cookie is a long-term cookie that will be stored by your device until its set expiry date (unless you delete it before the expiry date).
We may also use some other technologies that work in a broadly similar way, such as web beacons, software development kits or locally stored objects.
We refer below to cookies and all such other similar technologies as “cookies”, for short.
Rejecting and deleting cookies
The site itself may also provide you with a cookie consent tool, in which case you can also set your cookies choices and preferences for the site using that tool (in addition to any other methods of cookie control described below).
If you are in Europe or the UK, further information on rejection and deletion of cookies is provided on www.aboutcookies.org, and for further information on managing behavioural advertising, please visit www.youronlinechoices.com/uk. For our other users, please visit your help or support page for your preferred internet browser for further information on rejection and deletion of cookies.
If, however, you decide to disable or delete any cookies, some parts or features of the site (especially interactive features) may not work properly. Disabling or deleting cookies may also affect your ability to use other online or mobile sites.
Our own cookies
We use the following types of cookies via the site for the following purposes:
- Necessary: enabling core site functionality. Strictly necessary cookies are essential to allow you to move around the site and to use certain site features, such as access to secure areas or provision of appropriate content based on your type of device. We don’t often use necessary cookies, but we may use them where required in that way.
- Analytics: allowing us to analyse site usage. Analytics cookies collect information on how you use the site, so that we can analyse traffic and understand users’ interactions to perform analytics, including to analyse, measure and report on usage and performance of the site and marketing content. For this purpose, we may use third-party service providers such as Google, as explained further below.
- Functional: enabling us to personalise your experience of the site. Functional cookies allow the site to remember choices that you make (such as your user name or location) and to provide more personalised features. We may also use them to provide services that you request or to remember changes that you have made to site features that you can customise. The main functional cookies used on the site are certain non-persistent cookies to identify you as you use the site and/or leave it to visit any store associated with the site (the “store”). That helps BMG and our third-party partners to provide you with a good experience when you browse the site and the store and also allows BMG and our third-party partners to improve the site and the store. In particular, where relevant, we may use functional cookies for log-in identification, for load distribution, to store your language settings, and to note that information placed on the site or store has been displayed to you – so that on your next visit to the site or store it does not need to be displayed again.
- Advertising: enabling advertising partners to serve customised online advertising. Advertising cookies allow us, our affiliates and our and their advertising partners to target advertising of products, services or content. Those cookies also facilitate, manage and measure the performance of adverts displayed on or delivered by or through the site. Those advertising partners may also have the capability to track your browsing across sites, apps and social media sites.
- Social media: used when you share content with, or link to or from, social media. Social media cookies are used when you share content using a sharing button or “like” button on the site, or when you link your account or engage with our content on or through a social media site such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, Snapchat or TikTok. The social media site will record that you have done that, and the information may be linked to targeted advertising activities.
We would like to enable you to use the site and the store in a convenient and individual way. Accordingly, the uses of cookies described above are based on our and such third-party partners’ legitimate interests in operating, assessing and improving the site and the store (as well as any apps, data integration tools and/or other products/services that may be integrated or otherwise associated with the site and the store) and in serving you relevant site/store content and relevant advertising content.
The cookies do not contain any information that, in itself, personally identifies you and do not provide us with access to the rest of your device. We and such partners may, however, associate the information contained in cookies with personal information that you have provided to us or them separately.
We or such partners might introduce further types of cookie from time to time to improve your experience of the site or the store. If we do so, we or they will provide details of any such usage on the site and/or (as relevant) the store.
If you would like any further information on the cookies that we use, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also use partners’ cookies (including comparable technologies such as web beacons) for analytical and marketing purposes. This is described in further detail in the sections below.
Analytics and marketing
We use technologies to improve the site by analysing user behaviour and user data. That information includes, but is not limited to, the IP address, time and date of access to the site, device ID for a mobile device and cookie ID, as well as technical information about your device, such as the browser and operating system. We also use such data for marketing and retargeting purposes.
Alternatively, you can exercise your objection by making the appropriate settings on http://preferences-mgr.truste.com. The website operated by TRUSTe, Inc. of 835 Market Street, San Francisco, CA 94103-1905, USA (“TRUSTe”) allows opt-out cookies to disable all ads at once or alternatively to set preferences for each provider individually. Please note that after deleting all cookies in your browser or later use of another browser and/or profile, an opt-out cookie must be set again.
The following cookies may be used on the site, in which case each is a service provided by Google LLC of 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”).
Google will process the information so gained in order to evaluate your use of the site, to assemble reports on the site activities for the site operators, and to supply further services connected with website use and internet use.
As set out above, you can configure your browser so that it rejects cookies, or you can prevent the capture of the data generated by cookies and relating to your use of the site (including your IP address) and the processing of such data by Google by downloading and installing the opt-out browser add-on provided by Google. As an alternative to the browser add-on or if you browse the site from a mobile device, you can use this opt-out link. This will prevent the data collection of Google Analytics within the site (the opt-out link will only work in this browser and only for this domain). If you delete your cookies in this browser, you have to click on the link again.
Google Ads / Google AdWords conversion tracker
Google AdWords conversion tracking may be used to capture specific customer actions (such as clicking on an advert, page call-up or download) and to analyse them. AdWords Remarketing may be used to display individualised advertising messages to you for our products, services or content on partner websites of Google.
For this purpose both services insert cookies. The data accrued in this context may be transmitted by Google for analysis to a server in the USA and stored there. In the event that personal data are transmitted to the USA, Google has implemented appropriate safeguards.
If you use a Google account, Google may – depending on the settings saved in your Google account – link your web and app browser history with your Google account and use information from your Google account in order to personalise adverts. If you do not wish for this allocation to the Google account, it will be necessary for you to log out before calling up our contact page at Google.
As set out above, you can configure your browser so that it rejects cookies. Additionally, in the cookie settings of Google’s support information, you can prevent Google cookies from being used for advertising purposes.
We may use the following DoubleClick functionality:
- Bid Manager, which enables users to create campaigns, to set bids on ad spaces online (e.g. a banner) and to evaluate the success of their campaign through reporting features;
- Bid Floodlight, which enables users to track multiple visits from the same browser using a cookie and is used for conversion tracking purposes; and/or
- Ad Exchange, a marketplace for ad spaces online (e.g. a banner), where marketers can purchase targets and optimise their campaigns.
Google Dynamic Remarketing
If you use a Google Account, depending on the settings in your Google Account, Google may link your Google web and App browsing history to your Google Account and use information from your Google Account to personalise ads. If you don’t want this association with your Google Account, you’ll need to log out of Google before you can access our contact page.
As described above, you can configure your browser to reject cookies, or you can prevent the collection of data generated by the cookies and related to your use of the site and the processing of such data by Google by accessing the Google advertising settings and setting the personalisation buttons to “Off”. Alternatively, you can opt out of such cookie usage by visiting the TRUSTe website mentioned above and clicking the Google opt-out button.
Google Tag Manager
The site may make use of Meta technologies such as the Meta pixel. The Meta pixel is a piece of code that functions by setting and triggering cookies to track users during their interaction with the site, both on and off its platforms, such as Facebook and Instagram. The pixel gathers site usage data to help to optimise advertising across those platforms, including by measuring effectiveness of ads (e.g. tracking conversions from ads), building targeted audiences for future ads and remarketing to site users who have already taken some kind of action on the site.
For further details about Meta cookies, please see Meta’s cookies policy.
Social media plug-ins
On certain pages of the site or the store we may implement so-called “social media” plug-ins, such as Facebook’s “like” button, Twitter’s Twitter buttons and Google’s “+1” button. When you visit a page that displays one or more of such buttons, your browser will establish a direct connection to the relevant social media server and load the button from there. At the same time the provider of the social media service will know that the relevant page on the site or the store has been visited.
We have no influence on the data that any such social media provider collects on the basis of the buttons. According to the available information, however, if you do not click on the respective buttons, none of your personal data will be collected and stored unless you have logged onto to your social media account. In that case, certain user data (including your IP address at the time) may be collected and linked to the account information already present at the social media service. If you wish to prevent this, please log out of your social media accounts before visiting the site or the store.
In addition, clicking a button may also lead to a collection of certain data, such as your IP address. Social media providers such as Meta, Twitter, Google, Snapchat and TikTok may set cookies as well, unless you have disabled the acceptance and storage of cookies in your browser settings (see above).
We receive no information from social media providers about which social media buttons you may personally have clicked or seen on the site or the store. If at all, we may receive a summarised, non-personalised statistical report on the use of the buttons.
The Meta, Twitter, Google, Snapchat and TikTok privacy policies are available via the following links:
Other third-party cookies
Various cookies may be set by our third-party partners in connection with the site. In particular:
- Our third-party partners may set cookies as part of the integration of third-party services, such as if Spotify or Apple is integrated into the site.
- Third-party media agencies may also use their own cookies when you interact with the site.
Changes to this policy
We may modify this policy at any time. We shall notify you of any changes to the policy by posting the modified policy on the site. By then continuing to use the site, you agree to the setting of cookies in accordance with the modified cookies policy.
Last modified: 30 September 2022